Monday, October 24, 2016

MANY KINDS OF MOTHERS

Blessings to my mother Faith Steadman, my sister Velvet Steffen. The women in my life who have biologically, even adopted as I did (my beautiful Oji-Cree son Gabriel from birth), and raised many spiritual children. I am a spiritual grandmother, if you could hear my story, of a few nations for example.

In the spring of 1988 I wrote in the margins of my bible, dated and underlined this verse in Isaiah 54:1 I knew God was speaking directly to me. "Shout for joy, O barren one, you who have borne no child; Break forth into joyful shouting and cry aloud, you who have not travailed; For the sons of the desolate one will be more numerous Than the sons of the married woman," says the LORD.

That brings to mind the life verse God gave me in 1988 when I was first miraculously called to Osnaburgh House First Nation (now known as Mishkeegogamang in NW Ontario as a missionary. I was a special ed teacher in Bowmanville High School at the time. Now may decades later I am in Eskasoni First Nation in Cape Breton Nova Scotia.

Love,
Pastor Fern

No comments:

Post a Comment